With just 194 days to go until my wedding, you’d think I already have enough on my plate without needing to start up a blog! But blogging has been a big focus of mine since college (being a journalism major and writing/rhetoric minor means I’ve ran at least three different blogs for various classes), and this has been a goal for such a long time! I’ll be honest – my intent was to blog the whole wedding planning process, but I’m about 22 months late, so… six months it is!
A little about me:
I live on the beautiful East Coast where I dabble in freelance writing and also lettering/calligraphy. I’m hoping to make the switch entirely to lettering (and this blog, of course), so if I can make some words look pretty for you then let me know! I’m marrying a guy I’ve been with for 10 years, and have known for 21 years – we met when we were six!
With just about half a year left until said wedding, let’s check in with what I’ve already managed to accomplish, and what’s still looming over me.
What we’ve done:
- The venue. Classy wooden walls, floor-to-ceiling windows, three fireplaces – love it!
- Engagement photos. Taken in Epcot on our last trip to Disney World! Such a cool experience.
- Save the dates. Designed myself, 60% off on Zazzle, mailed out two months ago.
- The dress. A surprisingly awesome find at David’s Bridal – once alterations are done, it’ll be exactly what I wanted!
- DJ. Very professional! So impressed with him so far.
- Photographer. I’ve had my eye on him for years before we even got engaged!
- Bridesmaids dresses. From Bill Levkoff, in the color wine.
- Mother of the Bride dress. Also from David’s Bridal – love it! She might look better than me ;).
- Registry. Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Amazon. Only about half finished – we’re getting our living situation settled before we finish it up.
- Videographer. Really happy (so far) with the route we took with this one. More on that later!
And what’s next on our WeddingWire to-do list for this month:
- Ceremony musicians. Fiancé’s mother knows the cellist I’d love to have play, but not sure who we want to sing yet.
- Hotel blocks. Asked a bridesmaid to do this a couple months ago… I’m going to have to check up with her on that.
- Wedding cake. I’m actually not a huge cake fan so I’ve been dragging my feet a little bit on this. We’re debating a cannoli tower, but I don’t know if I’m brave enough to break from tradition.
- Rehearsal dinner. We’re actually hoping to have this at the same location as the reception so it’ll be ours the night before and we won’t have to drop things off the morning of the wedding. I have to look into availability when I set up our menu tasting.
- Flowers. I don’t even know what I’m doing about this yet… but I have a huge order of sola flowers coming in from Thailand, so I’m sure you’ll hear about it soon!
I don’t think I can handle much more than that this month, especially because we’re also in the process of buying a house (😱), so I’m leaving it at this! Now, to find out about those hotel blocks…
Until next time,